Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/kaline/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 14
A problem occured while loading the plugin: asv_amazon -> : Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated on line 199
Jay Dreyer :: The Dreyer's are Moving!

The Dreyer's are Moving!

Minnesota Quarter
That’s right! After 15 years (for me) and a lifetime (for DeAnne and Jack) it’s time to pack it up and move on to bigger and better things. DeAnne loosened the moving restrictions this year and agreed that the job market and future here in Detroit just isn’t as promising as we’d like it to be. I’m not an automotive engineer/designer/etc., and after that, there’s not much else to do here.

So where are we headed? Minneapolis, Minnesota. I never imagined we’d end up there, but that’s where we’re going. I just accepted an offer to work for a really big retailer as a business analyst on their .com endeavors. The job and company are fantastic and I can’t wait to get started. Target Dog

What I would like to wait on, however, is all of the upcoming activity preceding the move. In a short amount of time I need to sell our current house, find a new house in Minnesota, move, and figure out where our new child will be born. (Should DeAnne stay in Detroit and have the baby or will things work out so that we’ll all be in Minnesota when the big day arrives?) Who knows? It’s going to be a stressful couple of months but we’re really excited about it.

| posted 03/01/2006 01:57 PM

Permanent link to this comment  Burke  on  03/02/2006 09:16 PM  said:

Congrats on the new JOB!!! Good things happen to good people. Luckily jaydreyer.com won’t be moving – my online life wouldn’t be complete without it.

Permanent link to this comment  Dennis Dreyer  on  03/07/2006 03:23 PM  said:

We are so proud of you and the way you are handling things. It will all work out in the end, it’s just hectic now.
Love,
MOM

Permanent link to this comment  Paula Dreyer  on  03/28/2006 08:07 PM  said:

yeah! what an exciting time. good things await for you in minneapolis. your new company will be very lucky to have such a brilliant new employee.

Permanent link to this comment  Keith Wayne John  on  03/30/2006 01:49 PM  said:

Hey Jay..best wishes and good luck to you and your family. Is their a Jimmy Johns in Minneapolis.

John, Keith and Wayne

Permanent link to this comment  Jay  on  03/30/2006 02:16 PM  said:

Yup…There are Jimmy John’s in Minneapolis…BW3s, too. No Mongolian, though. At least not yet.